MUSICAL THEATER CONSERVATORY
in it's 14th successful year of Artist Development, PeachCraft's
professionally produced and unrivaled training programs provide access
to the classics in Musical Theatre with performance opportunities for
the Young Artists ages 8 to 18. Offering a friendly and safe
environment the student artists develop individual and ensemble tools
they will need for auditioning and performing on the stage.
FILM LAB ACADEMY INTENSIVE
Established in Summer of 2006, PeachCraft's Film Academy is an
innovative and progressive training program based upon the practical
and professional applications of filmmaking skillsets in all the key
areas needed for Film Majors and Film Professionals in the industry .
All faculty are working professionals. PeachCraft Film Lab has set the
standard high as you can see our student films have been awarded
OFFICIAL SELECTION in film festivals since we began submitting them in
2007 as well as our graduates have gained acceptance into NYU Tisch
Film School. Our graduates of the Film Academy's summer programs gain
an unparalleled depth of experience and specific knowledge for all
areas of filmmaking giving them the edge over other film schools. Our
students each screenwrite, cast, direct, shoot, edit and produce their
own individual short high-def digital film using ProTools, as well as
package their film for distribution and entry into festivals.
DATES: Session I: TBD
TIMES: Monday - Friday, 9AM- 4:00PM
AGES: 13-18* Class Sizes limited to 10 students.
TUITION: $4,980. Four Week Intensive
MATERIALS FEE: $600.**
*We reserve the right to cancel classes at our discretion and to restrict admissions.
**Due upon acceptance, non-refundable materials and administration fee.
• Articulating new ideas and choosing which will make the most telling stories.
• The nature of the three-act structure, the rise and fall of the story arc.
• Creating memorable characters and establishing the dynamics of conflict.
• The industry standard: how to correctly format and present your screenplay.
• Prioritizing, strategizing, and organizing all the elements of a film.
• Putting together a cast and a crew, scouting and securing locations, acquiring props and equipment.
• Budgeting, scheduling, marketing and advertising.
• Learning to visually tell a story, verbalizing your intentions to actors/crew.
• Working with the camera: framing, blocking, 180-degree rule.
• Covering all angles, the meaning of movement.
• The differences between film cameras and the digital revolution.
• The nature, power, and emotional effects of light, how to use shadows, emphasize or manipulate colors, and more.
• The operation of the camera, focusing, exposures, film speed, white balancing.
• Lighting techniques, three-point set-up.
• Tutorials on the functionality of Final Cut Pro.
• Cutting on action, cutting for continuity vs. for dramatic narrative.
• Special effects, motion control, stretching and compressing moments.
• Basics of DVD Duplication and mass mailings.
• Marketing the idea and converting to a sellable format.
• Preparation and production of posters, DVD cases, press kits.
• Researching appropriate film festivals circuits
FEES: $1080. per session.
MATERIALS FEE: $100
Class Size: Limited to 12
Remember you can book for one or two of these sessions!
The PDVF Modern Drama Workshop is a two-week intensive course that
gives the student actor the opportunity to work on a contemporary text
for the purposes of voice, movement, script analysis, characterization,
improvisation, audition technique and awareness. The actors will be
given monologues to prepare. This monologue will provide the core of
the actor's time on the course. The foundation technique that is
workshopped at PDVF is Russian based in Constantin Stanislavski and
TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW CALL PEACHCRAFT STUDIOS OF DRAMA, VOICE & FILMMAKING AT 908/673-1485.